Monday, August 4, 2008

with apologies to Baz

So the first lesson is that it’s much easier to create a blog than to think up something to put in it.

I chose the title for my blog from the Sunscreen song from the Baz Luhrman movie soundtrack “Something for Everyone”. The song itself was taken from an article by Mary Schmich titled “Advice, like youth, probably just wasted on the young.” Published in the Chicago Tribune on June 1 1997.
Shall I see if URLs work in blogs? The urban/cyberspace story of this is quite well covered in a wiki article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wear_Sunscreen

I chose it as a title becaue I don’t have a clear objective for my blog so I think it is likely to end up as a patchwork quilt of stuff I’m thinking, doing, reading, watching, listening to etc.

3 comments:

YPRL said...

Welcome to the "A taste of Web 2.0program". We look forward to reading your blog over the next few weeks to see how you enjoy the activities.

Remember, the modules on our yprlconnect blog will be the starting point for your blog, maybe you can incorporate your interests in the modules you learn through the activity.

"A Taste of Web 2.0" team

yoj said...

Woohooo!
Someone commented on my blog. Ok - official library comment but I'm still chuffed.
I've revived my interest in Web2.0 I friend suggested LibraryThing and it rang a bell.
Now that I've finally got around to it I'm a bit disappointed at the 200 book limitation.
Have signed up to bookcrossing.com and released my first book too.
Planning to re-read The Jane Austen Book Club along with each of the Jane Austen novels as I go.
I have resolved to borrow more from the library, buy less books and purge a heap of the ones I already have. But I'm already wavering.... and it's just the 1st Jan 2009!
Happy New Year.

Jaylee James said...

I think a lot of people use their blogs as a sort of random diary, kind of. :) Mine is.... haha! I'm thinking about starting something a little more "professional" ... :P

I'm sorry that you went through something that made my post feel familiar. I feel like my life has been a train wreck for at least 6 months, but is starting to go uphill? Even though my situations are still crappy, my intentions and my outlook on things has taken a turn for the better, at least. :)

-Jesse